- Pathways into Floristry
- Floristry can be a very rewarding occupation. Every day you touch people's lives with the gifts you create.
- Imagine for one moment; over the course of one's career you may find yourself being there for the key events in many people's lives. For Births, Birthdays, Graduations, Engagements, Weddings, more babies, Anniversaries, Sickness and Funerals.
- We have now made wedding flowers for the Mother and now her daughter for the first time, thus entering into the next generation of loyal customers.
The job itself requires you to be; positive and accommodating in a retail environment, efficient in the use of stock, knowledgeable of flowers and their attributes, skilled in making all floristry items, confident with retail and communication technology, able to think ahead and work independantly or as a team, able to work safely. Throw into that mix suburb knowledge and drawing skills.
- The typical florist has a tertiary qualification in floristry. This is not to say it is a mandatory requirement however most employers prefer the assurance that you are competent in the assessed areas. Traineeships are a reliable way of getting the experience whilst training formally. In order to get a traineeship ask your lecturer if any shops are looking for a trainee, check the job ads or be proactive and drop your CV into shops and introduce yourself. Tell them you are interested in a Traineeship, as inexperienced and unqualified applications are often overlooked.
- There are another group of florists that start from the very basics. A job as a junior after school or helper at the peak occasions can be a way to demonstrate your enthusiasm as well as gauge whether floristry is your preferred job. Absorb as much as you can and when the time is right you stand a good chance of being asked to enter a Traineeship or be employed with the skills you have already.
- Interest Classes We Offer
- Periodically Flowers Everywhere host 'for fun' evenings. They are an all inclusive opportunity to make your own floral piece, in a comfortable no pressure environment. Our skilled trainer will guide you through step by step and add much interesting commentary about the why and how things are done. By the end of the class you will have a florist standard item that you can confidently gift or keep and proudly post on Facebook and Instagram (#madebyme #watchmefloristitup #flowerseverywhere and so on)
Watch this space for upcoming evenings or like us on Facebook to get updates as they are announced.
|Feb 28, 2017
||by invite only